Sunday, October 24, 2010

Elmo And Cookie Monster Cupcakes





Elmo And Cookie Monster Cupcakes:

So today I'm off to deliver Elmo and Cookie Monster Cupcakes for Blake's 3rd Birthday. Raechelle, Blake's mum asked me the other week if i could make 40 cupcakes she wasn't fussed on what i made or what flavour witch is great creative freedom for me! Id been wanting to make Elmo and Cookie for a while now so whala!
I just chose a vanilla cupcake recipe as i thought id just keep in simple for the kids and i did a mixture of mini and large sized cupcakes as i know my four year old struggles to get through the larger cupcake size

To decorate I just used my regular frosting recipe ( butter icing sugar and milk) and tinted it to the colour i wanted i used a Wilton tip 234  to get the fur look the eyes are made out of fondant i use ( Bakels Pettnice you can buy this from the supermarket in the baking section) then i dotted the eyes and created the mouth using Wilton black ready to use icing that you can buy in a tube and simply just attach a coupler to the end of the tube and off ya go!

Making these guys was a bit time consuming and a little hard on the wrists but they were very fun to make and i ended up dreaming of Elmo and Cookie last night i even have that song C is for cookie playing over in my head haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment