Friday, March 12, 2010

Welcome to my new blog :)


Hi Everyone

This is my very first blog ... yay go me!

as you know i love to bake and at the moment cupcakes are just my most favourite thing to bake. Its quite funny cuz i don't actually like eating cake so i end up giving all away to family and friends ha ha.

So my whole reason for starting a blog is i thought it would be cool for you to all see what I'm baking then have a go at it yourself, alot of my friends are always asking for recipes so i thought what the hell lets stick em up where everyone can see them!



so here goes ....



I love to make weird and wacky cupcakes so when i came across this recipe i had to give it a go!



Perky Nana Cupcakes



125g butter at room temp

1 teaspoon of vanilla essence

1/2 cup of caster sugar

2 eggs - i use free range happy chickens lay happy eggs!

1 cup of standard flour

2 teaspoons baking powder

1/2 a cup of milk

3x Perky Nana bars (the bigger ones)


cream butter vanilla in sugar till its light and fluffy, add the eggs one at a time and beat well, sift the flour and baking powder into the wet mixture and fold it in , put in the milk and give it a good mix, chop up 2 & half Perky Nana bars and put them in the mix eat the left over Perky Nana yum! pop into 12 cupcake cases (big ones) i use a Texas muffin tin for my cupcakes. make sure you get some candy in all of the cases - we wouldn't want anyone to miss out wouldn't we!
pop in the oven at 180 degrees for about 15 Min's watch them closely they brown over quite easily


Banana Butter Cream Frosting


I actually made this icing in two parts as i didnt quite have enough to decorate my cakes so ive just doubled the recipe for you to follow hopefully it will work out

200 grams of butter at room temp
3 cups of icing sugar
2-3 tablespoons of milk
1 teaspoon of banana essence
1 teaspoon of yellow food colouring

beat the butter until its pale and fluffy sift in the icing sugar then give it a bit of a mix then add in your essence and food colouring and just enough milk to get the right consistency

I then piped the icing onto my cupcakes and sprikled with choc hail






No comments:

Post a Comment